September 8, 2006

Speak words of beauty and you will be there

"...what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil"
-The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (Act 3, Scene 1)

I've been wondering a lot about what it means to stop dreaming...to act towards your dreams instead.

I once told a mentor of mine some ideas and aspirations I had and she was so supportive, I said "yeah, they're Big God dreams". My desires for life require a faith in a Big God... in El Shaddai, in Almighty God, 'cause that the only way it's gonna happen.

It's daunting sometimes when I think about it. What it would mean...because before I was preparing towards working on it. And now I'm at that step where I can stop preparing towards working and I should just start working on seeing my dream come to fruition, and it's terrifying quite frankly. It's at this point that I realize how big it is. How nearly impossible it is....nearly.

That's what moving forward means. It means taking off that "mortal coil" and stepping into your supernatural destiny. It's a risk...it's like jumping off a cliff in order to find out if you can fly. For some people the dare is in dreaming at all, and I guess for me...the dare is in "what if"? What if I see this dream become reality? I don't need to dare to dream...I need to dare to live.

And it's just step one really,it's just part one of a three parter. But man, dang if it isn't the hardest part. But...what if I do it? Oh, what dreams may come when I have shuffled off this mortal coil...

No comments: